I am Angela (Angie) Cox. I am a graduate of Lubbock Christian University, West Texas A&M University and Oceans Massage Therapy School. I have a Master’s Degree in Holistic Nursing, a Master’s Degree in Health and Physical Education, I am a registered nurse, and am certified in Texas to teach at the elementary level. I collect education the way some collect figurines.
I am passionate about natural and complementary health and wellness. In the fall of 2008, I had a wild idea to go to massage therapy school. I figured what better way to enjoy my passion and calling than through a form of healing touch. One year later, I completed my basic 500 hour massage therapy training, passed my licensure exam, and I was granted permission from the state of Texas to begin my practice as a licensed massage therapist. Apparently that wasn’t enough, so I returned to school in 2012 to study nursing and earned my RN/BSN designation in 2014 and an MSN in 2016. I have since earned the Advanced Holistic Nurse Board Certification.
I have had lots of opportunities to learn new and cool ways to help myself and others. I am a former BrainGym® Professional, and I have taken coursework in Eden Energy Medicine. Both of these areas of expertise have found their way into the my care for others.
I love helping people find their way to better health through mindfulness, wellness, fitness, nutrition, education, and more.
What Do I Do?
- I help people find their way when hope seems dim. I am a psychiatric mental health nurse, care coordinator and teacher.
- I teach incredibly fun and enlightening group sessions on wellness, the energy of movement, learning, performance, stress response and the interconnectedness of each.
- I work one on one to teach you how to achieve your wellness goals.
- I lead professional development for schools, businesses, hospitals, and organizations providing them with tools for staff and client/student success.
What’s Important About Me?
- I am a Compact Licensed Registered Nurse for the State of New Mexico.
- I am a Licensed New Mexico Massage Therapist.
- I hold a Texas teaching certification. I experienced 18 years of employment in Texas public education, including 7 1/2 years as a physical educator and 12 years working with technology planning, project management, and staff development.
- I acquired two graduate degrees and the student loans to accompany them. I have an MS in Health and Physical Education and a Master of Science in Nursing.
- I have conducted workshops at both the local and regional level for over 12 years with fabulous reviews. Need some references? Contact me.
Other Cool Angie Info
Marriage. I have been and plan to forever be married to the most incredible man on the planet. He has walked by my side for over 28 years. I went against the socially acceptable norms when I went after him. Thank goodness I didn’t play by the rules.
Kids. Yep, I’ve got some. We have raised four of the most amazing, talented, intelligent, and dynamic young women, each of whom has given me opportunities to grow and stretch my interpersonal and parenting skills. And yes, I said girls–four of them. Now you know that my husband is either a saint or insane. Those two words sound very much alike.
Quirky Free Time Hobbies. If it involves trees, forests, lakes, rivers, gardens, or more education, I’m in.
A Few More Details. I am the daughter of a retired four-term Texas sheriff. I have a rural life, farm girl level of common sense (on good days), and I am happiest when either digging in the dirt, hiking a nearby nature trail, or sharing this incredibly amazing stuff that’s inside my head with a room full of people who want it.
acox79088 at gmail dot com
If your message makes it to my inbox, I will read it and respond. With four girls and an amazing husband at my beck and call (plus an occasional date with dirt and hiking trails), the response might be a little less than instantaneous. If you don’t get a response, it is possible that spam filters ate your message to me or my message back to you.
Your requests and feedback are important to me. I am grateful for the time you spend writing me. I look forward to working with you very soon.
My Best To You,