February 25, 2009 0 Comments
Here are a few things (in no particular order) that soothe my soul when life gets crazy:
- Cuddling up with a love-y dove-y cat.
- Rubbing our dog’s ears as if doing Thinking Caps (that’s a BrainGym activity).
- Taking a walk in a pasture on a warm wind-less day with the sun blazing down on my forehead.
- Scratching our horse’s belly. He has this one spot that makes him go nuts. It is so much fun to make him feel good.
- Listening to the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!” It’s a hoot.
- Imagining life in a 600 sq foot house powered by solar and wind, totally independent of everything and everybody.
- Imagining how our 300 sq foot barn could be converted into the house I just mentioned.
- Looking at a picture of a tropical jungle with an incredible waterfall tumbling down the side of a cliff. I can almost get there in my mind.
- Getting wrapped up in the arms of my hunky monkey man.
- Talking with my oldest about her dreams and aspirations.
- Holding my youngest in my lap while she drifts off to sleep.
- Watching my chickens. They are better than any Seinfeld rerun.
- Planting my garden. It’s a killer of a job, but such an amazing feeling. This time of year really rocks for me.
- Visiting my growing garden BWTO(before weeds take over).
- Dragging the chicken pen to a new spot of pasture without any man help.
- Watching the water sprinklers dance in a circle and smelling the damp sod.
- Roaming the aisles of a greenhouse.
- Imagine having my own greenhouse.
- Writing blog posts.
- Reading blog posts.
- Kidnapping my husband and …ahem…”hiding out” with him in the 300 sq foot barn.
- Lying flat on my back in the middle of the pasture with the sun on my face.
What works for you?